Contributors

Rach

I'm daughter to Lissie, sister to Jess, wife to Brien, mom to Hannah, Lily and Eleanor. I am a stay at home mom to my girls, and my free time is dedicated to gardening (I confess I'm still a novice and look to Lissie and Jess for advice), baking and cooking, and card making. I'm doing my part to make the earth a bit greener, trying hard to avoid processed foods and HFCS, and find the "slow food" movement intriguing and inspiring. I love visits to my local farmers' market, fresh produce, reading, getting out in nature, and spending time with my family.

Jess

Catholic, homeschooler, lover of books and great wine and an amateur gardening addict.

Lissie

I'm Melissa aka "Lissie", mother of Rachael and Jessica, and grandmother to a passel of the sweetest children on the planet. I'm a semi-retired public educator and professor who works from home for a small publisher. I am a lover of all things beautiful ... flowers, the mountains, nature scenes, the innocent faces of children, and my rock and fossil collection, to name a few. I enjoy shopping at the farmers' market for fresh foods and then experimenting with new recipes. Good food and good wine delight me. I love to travel so my suitcase is always packed. Like my daughters, I take pleasure in simple things ... clothes drying on the line, tomatoes so fresh they are still hot from the sun, good books, and interesting movies. I'd like to know everything before I die.
Dressing for Salad or for Chicken

Last night I cooked a dinner good for a hot day. I grilled chicken breasts and made a large green salad. For both the chicken and the salad I created the following dressing. I brushed it on the chicken while it cooked, used some to dress the salad, and when the chicken was done, I poured the remainder over the chicken when I served it.

Whisk together until fully emulsified:

3-4 T. Lemon Juice
1-2 t. Dijon Mustard
1 T. Minced Fresh Rosemary (Here's where it pays to have an herb garden.)
1/2 t. Sugar
1/4 t. Salt
1.4 t. Pepper
1/4 c. Olive Oil
1 Minced Garlic Clove

Lissie

 

2 comments:

Rach said...

That sounds utterly divine, Mom! :o)

Jess said...

Rosemary is the one herb that I am NOT growing. I have a weird thing about rosemary, 99% of the time it hits an off-note with me and I don't like it but very occasionally it works, though those are the times that I am not bashed over the head with Rosemary! flavor.

Do you think another herb like thyme could replace it easily?





(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow