Contributors

Rach

I'm daughter to Lissie, sister to Jess, wife to Brien, mom to Hannah, Lily and Eleanor. I am a stay at home mom to my girls, and my free time is dedicated to gardening (I confess I'm still a novice and look to Lissie and Jess for advice), baking and cooking, and card making. I'm doing my part to make the earth a bit greener, trying hard to avoid processed foods and HFCS, and find the "slow food" movement intriguing and inspiring. I love visits to my local farmers' market, fresh produce, reading, getting out in nature, and spending time with my family.

Jess

Catholic, homeschooler, lover of books and great wine and an amateur gardening addict.

Lissie

I'm Melissa aka "Lissie", mother of Rachael and Jessica, and grandmother to a passel of the sweetest children on the planet. I'm a semi-retired public educator and professor who works from home for a small publisher. I am a lover of all things beautiful ... flowers, the mountains, nature scenes, the innocent faces of children, and my rock and fossil collection, to name a few. I enjoy shopping at the farmers' market for fresh foods and then experimenting with new recipes. Good food and good wine delight me. I love to travel so my suitcase is always packed. Like my daughters, I take pleasure in simple things ... clothes drying on the line, tomatoes so fresh they are still hot from the sun, good books, and interesting movies. I'd like to know everything before I die.
Delicious!

"The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a star." - Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

This is a Weight Watchers recipe, of all things. It is my new find for a quick and easy dinner and I L.O.V.E. it.

Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms

2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove(s), crushed
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
2 cup mushroom(s), small, halved
1/3 cup canned chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled

In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.

In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.

Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

 

10 comments:

Rach said...

And here I was wondering what to cook for dinner tonight. Thanks! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing. Thanks for the recipe!

Stephanie said...

That sounds delicious! Hello, Saturday night dinner :) Thanks!

Dandy said...

This sounds YUMM-O (as Rachel Ray would say)!

Nicole Wise said...

mmmmmmmmmm, thanks Jess! I'll certainly be making this in the coming week.

S said...

yummy! dinner tomorrow!

Allison xoxo said...

that sounds really yummy, how many points?

Jess said...

Allison, it is 3 points per serving!

Anonymous said...

I made this with a homemade rice pilaf (jasmine rice w/ onions garlic and carrots) and roasted asparagus for dinner for me and Lawrence tonight. Divine!

Michelle said...

Sounds yummy, will definitely be trying it this week.





(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow