Contributors

Rach

I'm daughter to Lissie, sister to Jess, wife to Brien, mom to Hannah, Lily and Eleanor. I am a stay at home mom to my girls, and my free time is dedicated to gardening (I confess I'm still a novice and look to Lissie and Jess for advice), baking and cooking, and card making. I'm doing my part to make the earth a bit greener, trying hard to avoid processed foods and HFCS, and find the "slow food" movement intriguing and inspiring. I love visits to my local farmers' market, fresh produce, reading, getting out in nature, and spending time with my family.

Jess

Catholic, homeschooler, lover of books and great wine and an amateur gardening addict.

Lissie

I'm Melissa aka "Lissie", mother of Rachael and Jessica, and grandmother to a passel of the sweetest children on the planet. I'm a semi-retired public educator and professor who works from home for a small publisher. I am a lover of all things beautiful ... flowers, the mountains, nature scenes, the innocent faces of children, and my rock and fossil collection, to name a few. I enjoy shopping at the farmers' market for fresh foods and then experimenting with new recipes. Good food and good wine delight me. I love to travel so my suitcase is always packed. Like my daughters, I take pleasure in simple things ... clothes drying on the line, tomatoes so fresh they are still hot from the sun, good books, and interesting movies. I'd like to know everything before I die.
Giada



Let me tell you, I don't like Giada De Laurentiis. I am not sure why aside from the fact that she is incredibly perky and far too thin to be any kind of a cook, especially one who specializes in Italian. Bob likes her a lot. He defends her perkiness and waistline by saying both are genetic and I should cut her some slack. Hmmm. Our debate about old Giada has been going on for years now. He would sneak and watch an episode of her show and I would enter the room and start grumbling. I am not a Food Network fan anyway, so Giada in all her glory was just too much for me.

Giada De Laurentiis has recently started a line of products for Target. I have been canning lately and let me tell you, canning tomatoes is not for sissies. It is a long, hot process that takes all day. So ready to eat, jarred sauce from the store is not an uncommon sight in my pantry. I stumbled by an end rack of pasta sauces, knew I needed some and put some jars in the cart without really thinking about it, thanking the shelving folks for allowing me to skip one trip down an aisle with glass jars and my three children in tow.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and opened the Creamy Tomato sauce by Giada. Oh my gosh, this stuff is like heaven in a jar. Great for immediately dipping bread in, pouring cold over hot noodles for kids when you are in a hurry, etc. It is delicious. Seriously delicious. So, I suppose I'll have to stop all the Giada hate now because I will be buying this sauce again.

-Jess

 

8 comments:

Raising Maddie and Bob said...

My husbands similarly likes Giada. Now I'll have to try that sauce too. We usually make our own...but we don't can it... So it is nice to have jarred sauce on hand sometimes.

Raising Maddie and Bob said...

That should have said husband not husbands. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Jess. I'll try it.

Mom

Unknown said...

I cooked up her Target Creamy Tomato Sauce and Target Spaghetti and it was amazing. The creamy tomato sauce has mascapone cheese which really added a lot of flavor and the spaghetti has a rough texture which seems to help the sauce really stick to it.

I blogged about it at http://ilovetargetstores.blogspot.com/2010/08/giada-de-laurentiis-interview-and.html

allie said...

I love Giada! She's a little annoying when she gets all Italian with her pasta words but I've made tons of her recipes and they're almost always delicious. My fave is her ravioli with pancetta and arugula. I'm really excited to try this sauce now, I'm always looking for a good one!

S said...

probably not available in Canada *sigh* but I am going to search for it!

Jennifer Spadafora said...

Just checking a few blogs, then heading to the Target! Glad I saw this post. Going to grab a jar and give it a whirl. Thanks!

Kelli said...

Ooh, I may have to try this because we love a good tomato sauce.





(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow