Contributors

Rach

I'm daughter to Lissie, sister to Jess, wife to Brien, mom to Hannah, Lily and Eleanor. I am a stay at home mom to my girls, and my free time is dedicated to gardening (I confess I'm still a novice and look to Lissie and Jess for advice), baking and cooking, and card making. I'm doing my part to make the earth a bit greener, trying hard to avoid processed foods and HFCS, and find the "slow food" movement intriguing and inspiring. I love visits to my local farmers' market, fresh produce, reading, getting out in nature, and spending time with my family.

Jess

Catholic, homeschooler, lover of books and great wine and an amateur gardening addict.

Lissie

I'm Melissa aka "Lissie", mother of Rachael and Jessica, and grandmother to a passel of the sweetest children on the planet. I'm a semi-retired public educator and professor who works from home for a small publisher. I am a lover of all things beautiful ... flowers, the mountains, nature scenes, the innocent faces of children, and my rock and fossil collection, to name a few. I enjoy shopping at the farmers' market for fresh foods and then experimenting with new recipes. Good food and good wine delight me. I love to travel so my suitcase is always packed. Like my daughters, I take pleasure in simple things ... clothes drying on the line, tomatoes so fresh they are still hot from the sun, good books, and interesting movies. I'd like to know everything before I die.
Projects

I've been "working" on this crocheted afghan for my sister since I was 17. I am now 29 so that is a very long time! My aunt helped me get started on it and I finished about a third of it and then I laid it down one day and didn't pick it back up for awhile and I promptly forgot not only the stitch but how to crochet. My friend Bonny, yarn crafter extraordinaire, figured out the pattern and has helped me get going with it again. This afghan is for my sister and I hope to have it finished in time to take with me in July when I fly back to Virginia for a long visit with her.



These two piles of fabric are going to be aprons. I bought a cool pattern on Etsy and I've got the first apron's pieces cut and now I just need to find the time to start sewing. The brown/cream apron will be mine and is the first I am doing for a practice run.



This fabric I bought today and will be made into a patchwork style duvet cover for our summer down blanket for our bed. I will use muslin for both the patches in between the patterned pieces and for the backing. I got my inspiration for this project here.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess! How do I go about getting an invite to your blog? (the other one)

Jess said...

Melissa, you need to email me at:

seccang@hotmail.com

Dani said...

I LOVE the prints your picked out. Those are going to be really great when they are done. I have been wanting to make an apron for my mom for a while now. Have you ever made one before? I'm going to look up a pattern!

Dani said...

O.K I need to read more thoroughly. I see your making the first one as a trial run for you! Good idea.

Anonymous said...

Jess--
Would you be willing to share which Etsy pattern you're using? I love the fabrics you've picked out. ~Kellie





(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow